Saturday 24 December 2011

Staying In The Philippines For The Holidays



As a child, I lived in a small province in Iloilo, Philippines. We were not rich. As a matter of fact, I had to work myself to college. My cousein wanted me to take up Nursing because of the vast work opportunities. When I was finally able to graduate, I worked for a year to be able to save enough money for the licensure examination.

After taking it, I passed. I thought to myself that I needed to go abroad because the pay in our small town was not enough because I wanted to build my mother and siblings a house. I was the only person they depended on. So after a couple of years of volunteer work in the hospital, I applied for a job in Dubai.

I worked in Dubai for two years. There, I met a nurse who became my husband. When the hospital I worked in allowed me to go back to the Philippines for a vacation, I immediately grabbed the opportunity. I longed to eat my favorite foods like lechon or roasted pork and "Batchoy," and hungered for the scent of barbecued bananas.

I was only given 3 weeks for the trip. I was bringing my husband along because he was also allowed to go home. I went online and booked my flight 3 months before. The airline was having a promo so I was able to get my ticket with 305 discount.

Since our house is crowded no, my husband and I had to stay in a hotel. Two of my 4 siblings already got married and their wives lived in my mother's house. So there is no more room for us in the house. So I went online and got a booking at a middle class hotel in our locality.

Iloilo hotels are inexpensive and what is good about them is that you actually get more for the amount you actually paid. When I got on the plane, on the way home to the Philippines, I was so excited I was trembling. I was finally going to see my mother who is already 62 years old. I will give her a warm embrace and whisper to her ear that I am now going to start the construction of the house she always wanted.



No comments:

Post a Comment